Frequently Asked Question

Does ITS support printers?
Last Updated a year ago

Notice of new printing contract

As of August 17th 2022, Lincoln University has partnered with GFI for printing and is phasing out Xerox printers across campus, and PaperCut will be our new print management system.

I'm a student with printing issues, what do I do?

  • If you're printing in Page Library and the printer appears to be out of paper or toner/ink, please visit the Circulation Desk next to the entrance on the second floor for assistance.
  • If you appear to be out of print funds, you can log in to PaperCut to check your balance or add funds. If you are having any issues adding funds, or if you would like to pay with cash, please contact the Cashier's Office by phone at 573-681-5085 or by visiting them on the second floor of Young Hall.
  • For any other issues with the printers themselves, please reach out to the department that owns the printer, or nearest LU staff. Please do not contact GFI or Xerox for print issues.
  • If you are having trouble with the PaperCut system, such as logging in, releasing documents, email to print, web print, or scan deliverability, please open a ticket.

I'm an employee with printing issues, or a student has come to me with issues—what do I do?

  • ITS does not provide printer paper or ink/toner. For GFI printers, please contact Shipping and Receiving for resource replenishment. Departments are responsible for non-GFI printers.
  • If you have a GFI printer, please call GFI for any issues regarding mechanical functionality of the printer/scanner. Contact information is present on a placard on the front of the printer.
  • If you are having trouble with the PaperCut system, such as logging in, releasing documents, or scan deliverability, please open a ticket.

Non-Xerox and non-GFI printers

If the printer is not a GFI or Xerox printer, it is most likely that ITS does not support it:

  • If the printer is managed by a third party vendor other than Xerox or GFI, call them to resolve the issue.
  • If a department purchased the printer without ITS involvement, it is up to that department to resolve the issue.
  • If you purchased the printer with your own personal funds, the printer is your responsibility. ITS does not assist with personal/BYOD printers.

Please Wait!

Please wait... it will take a second!