Frequently Asked Question
As part of the transition to our new GFI printers, we have created a global print queue that will hold all your documents to later be released to a specific printer. If you need to be able to print to these printers without releasing the print job, your Blue Tiger IT Team has made that possible. Just follow these instructions and you'll be well on your way to immediate printing.
Please be careful printing sensitive documents: Since you are printing directly to the printer, if you are not there to claim the document, it could be seen or picked up by someone else. If you are concerned about security, use the PaperCut queue and release the document when you get to the printer.
Add a Sharp printer
1. Start typing 'Add a Printer' in your windows search box. Click 'Add a Printer or Scanner' when you see that option appear.
2. Select 'Add a Printer or Scanner' by clicking the '+' button.
3. Select your printer from the list, and click Add device.
That's it! You now have the ability to print directly to the printer you selected.
Change your default printer
Windows will manage your printer by default, and select the last one you printed to when the print dialogue appears. If you don't want that to happen, you can disable that feature and select your own default printer.
1. Scroll to the bottom of your list of printers and find the check box that says 'Let Windows manage my default printer.'
2. Uncheck the box that says 'Let Windows manage my default printer.'
3. Select the printer that you want to make your default printer. You don't have to select a default printer, but it makes printing to your most frequently used printer more convenient. Click 'Manage' printer.
4. Click 'Set as default.'
You now have that printer set as your default printer.