Frequently Asked Question
ITS supports genuine Lincoln University hardware, purchased through departmental funds. We do not support:
- Windows 10 version 1803 and older, including Windows 7. Your device must be running Windows 10 1809 or newer unless an exception has been made, e.g. to run older software. If we encounter a Windows 7 PC, it is at our discretion to upgrade it to Windows 10.
- macOS/OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or older. Your device must be running macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or newer. If we encounter an older Mac, it is at our discretion to upgrade it to macOS 10.13 or newer.
- Smartphones or tablets. Your department is responsible for the support and maintenance on these devices. However, if the device was purchased through a PO with ITS, we can make warranty claims for you.
- Personal or otherwise non-inventoried items. However, it is within our duties to provide technical support for utilizing personal devices with campus resources or services, e.g. accessing the website or signing in to your email.
- Technology provided under the budgets of the Lincoln University College of Agriculture, Environmental and Human Sciences (LUCAEHS) or Lincoln University Cooperative Extension and Research (LUCER). For assistance with these devices, please contact the LUCER Information Technology Center. You can either file a ticket here on the helpdesk, or contact the Technical Support Specialist Hamisi Allute at 573-681-5556 or by emailing AlluteH@lincolnu.edu.
To verify if your device is LU-owned or not, look for one of our inventory stickers.