Frequently Asked Question
The Lincoln campus provides a system that allows you to send faxes by sending an email to a special email address. Faxes can be sent either from your Lincoln email account, or directly from a Xerox printer on campus. All you have to do is send an email to the fax machine's phone number with an 8 before it, at fax.lincolnu.edu.
Let's say you want to send a fax to 573-012-3456. Since this is a local number, you can omit the area code. The recipient email address would look like this:
If you are sending a fax to a number outside of the 573 area code, you need to include the area code and the country code. The North American country code is 1. With country code and area code, the email address would look like this:
Send faxes from a Xerox printer/scanner
Since our Xerox printers are also able to send email, you can also send faxes directly from them. You follow the same process as if you wanted to scan something and email it to yourself.
- Go to the Xerox device and select Email.
- Tap Add Recipient and enter the fax email address, for example email@example.com.
- Add any other recipients that should receive the email if desired. You can combine fax email addresses and normal email addresses.
- When you are done adding recipients, you can change the From address on the Xerox device, so the recipient knows who sent it.
- Change the Subject to whatever you'd like.
- Put your documents in the tray where you put them if you wanted to scan them or make a copy of them. This varies by printer.
- Press Start.